Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good Breakfast

The apartment is still in no shape to do any cooking, stuff is in bags strewn all over the place. So, I went out for an “American” breakfast to VIP’s this morning.

VIP’s is a semi upscale restaurant chain owned by Wal-Mart. It’s similar to Denny’s or IHOP with a mix of Mexican and "American/International” items. I had OJ, two smallish hot cakes, a slice of ham, four rashers of really lean bacon, two scrambled eggs, a sweet roll and coffee for 108 pesos including tip. That’ll be about $8.00 by the time the transaction hits my credit card. It’s only a bit more than double what you would pay for a typical Mexican breakfast in a “working class” place.

Then I had to go out an buy a broom, dustpan, mop, toilet paper and paper towels, all of which were supplied at my old place.

The downhill walk to VIP’s was 15 minutes, 5 more to the ATM and 2 minutes to the supermarket. The taxi back was 10 min and about $1.85. It’s a beautiful, clear, sunshiny day, temp about 81º with a nice breeze. Sunblock doesn’t last long around here. But, I enjoy the walks and would try the uphill except for shlepping all that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment