Thursday, August 5, 2010

Routine, well not too

We haven't had any rain for the last ten days! The rainy season is over, I hope. The weather has been gorgeous, high 70s to low 80s during the day, 60s at night. Lot's of things have come together all at once. Time to renew my residency papers. The process is much more efficient than last year and everything went smooth when I went to pay the fee today. I'll get the new papers in 6 days. Time also to get new ATM and credit cards from one bank and credit card from another. I didn't want to have them sent to McAllen or trust the Mexican mails so I asked to have them FEDEXed to me here in Mexico. Both banks were happy to comply. The only hitch was that the ATM cards that were already sent to McAllen went astray and the bank and VISA blocked the unexpired card too. My rent was due today and I needed cash for that. It took a little struggle but the bank arranged for me to receive cash down here. All the cards arrived today and everything is back to normal. Normal for Mexico that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment